|Plan Availability||Startup||✓ Professional||✓ Premium|
The webhooks allows the events in your document to create an action in a different application.
The events in your document are:
- document creation;
- document finished;
- invitation to sign; and
- document signed.
The what, when, and where to send can be configured by you in the app, with a support of a webhook provider such as Zapier.
How to create the webhook?
1. Go to My Account in Settings and under Integrations > Webhooks, click on Create;
2. In this page, you will be able to name and attach the webhook, choose the document and select the event you want to track:
- Webhook name: Chose the name you want to give to the webhook;
- Webhook URL*: Include the link informed by the webhook provider, such as Zapier;
- Click on Test Webhooks;
- You can select whether this rule will be valid for all members of the organization, by clicking on Apply to documents created by all members of the organisation;
- Document(s): Select the document in which you want to apply this rule;
- Document events: Define which of these events, you want the action to be triggered;
- Click on Save.
* How do you create the Webhook URL?
The Webhook URL is provided by the webhook provider, such as Zapier.
In our example above, you will need to create an account in Zapier (https://zapier.com/). It could be either a free trial account or a paying account:
- Click on “Make a Zap,” and name it;
- In “Choose a Trigger App,” please select “Webhooks by Zapier;”
- Select “Catch a hook,” and “Save+Continue;”
- Under “Set up a Webhook,” you will have the Webhook URL.
Please note that you will define within the webhook provider platform the extent of the integration. In Zapier, you will do that on “Action” section in the Zap.
In this example, we connected the Webhook by Zapier with the email provider, so the team receives an email once a confidentiality agreement is in the signing process.
For more information on how to create a Zap, you can access the Zapier page here.
How to manage the webhook?
1. Go to My Account in Settings and under Integrations > Webhooks, click on Manage webhooks;
2. You will be able to:
- Edit the webhook;
- See a log of webhook activities; and
- Delete a webhook.